If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We Thought She Was Chinese

But now I am figuring out that she is actually a Chineximerican. What is a Chineximerican you ask? Well it is someone who was born in China, moved to America, and while there discovered her true long lost Mexican ways.

It all started with the a layover in the Austin airport on our way home from China when I fed Ruthie a plate of bean and cheese nachos. Ever since then, the girl can put down as much Mexican food as any adult at the table. It really hit me though today when we were in the restroom of a Mexican food restaurant and she was dancing (while sitting on the potty) to Salsa music. I looked down at her and concluded, this child is not Chinese. She is a Chineximerican!


Pics below are from our trip to get snow cones today and of course I had to take my camera!








5 comments:

Hunan Mommy said...

Your photos are great! Really captures their eyes.

Lillie's Mom said...

Hey I've got a Chineximerican in my house too! We're from CO and wondered what our girl would think of all the southwestern food that gets eaten in this house- and we eat it at least several times a week... she LOVES it! Our Hunan girl loves anything spicy- be it Asian, Mexican or even Cajun. :)

Wendy in OH said...

Hey we have one too! Not for the food, but after watching Dora for so long, Abigail can count to twenty in spanish, and say Lord knows what else. Drives my DH nuts!

Wendy in OH

groovy mama said...

Hey CUTE kids you have, i am sure i have mention that many other times!!!! Anyway, as far as my pics- i usually blast up the saturation levels and and make more contrastly and sometimes i like that old fashin touch! As far as the 'watermark' or copeyright mark...i made a logo in PS and saved as a PS fie and then i just drop and drag on my jpeg images and resave image as a copy jpeg....to be honest i have had some chinese bloggers leaving me comments. I don't publish them. The are harmless comments that make NO sense, but i am worried they may take little Ella's image?????
anyway that is it.....HUGS Donna

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts