If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

He is Faithful

I am sitting in the waiting room at Texas Children's right now and waiting for Jack to get out of his MRI. We have prayed so hard that they would find something that is operable that would relieve his symptoms. Now I just wait.

I was reading today about Jesus walking on the water. Peter stepped out of the boat to join him and walked on the water too until he saw his surroundings and began to fear. At that moment he started to sink. I can identify with Peter right now. It is easy to have faith when your not emotionally and physically involved yourself. I can have faith for the people of Haiti because I am not them. Having faith for God to heal my son is much more personal and I feel myself sinking. All the "what ifs" start to surface and suddenly I am very aware of my surroundings and all the possibilities.

At times like this, I know I must do 2 things:
1. I will fix my eyes on the one who isn't sinking. Just as the storm and the waters couldn't over take Christ, this won't either. He knows what those images say and He knows what our future holds.
2. I will remind myself that I serve an ever present God who is at work around me. I entered this Haiti project hoping to raise enough money to build a house for one family and since then I have seen the money come in for a duplex and we are now well on our way to having the funds to build another house in the spring. I hoped for one outcome and God has far surpassed that hope with immeasurable blessing. Why should this situation with Jack be any different?

Thanks for praying with me and walking with me through this. I look forward to sharing the results, whatever they might be, because God's faithfulness is the same regardless.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is faithful and i stand in prayer with you and Trent that Gods will be done. Jesus said suffer not little children. Children are his passion and his desire is for them to be whole. Today was the first time I had met Jack and he is a very precious smart little man. God has great things in store for this child. Keep holding to your faith because he is faithful. Sharon Honea

Shannon said...

Oh my friend...I am praying right now. Praying that the Lord will wrap His arms around you and fill you with His peace that passes all understanding. Because he cares just as much about your fearful Mama's hearts as He does about those needing houses in Haiti.
Jack is one amazing kid and it is so easy to see God's glory in him even at this young age. I cannot wait to see that glory continue to unfold!

hugs,
Shannon

Dawn S. said...

Wonderful post!

Unknown said...

I am blessed by your words here--I look forward to hearing how He proves Himself once again, this time in caring for Jack.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts