If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Testament Tuesday

I don't know what you got out of this week's reading, but I felt like I saw over and over and over again that we are no longer bound by the old law of the Old Testament, but through Jesus we have the ultimate sacrifice and forgiveness once and for all through faith in Him.  Several times I wanted to say, "Okay I get it."

But do I?

As I was wrapping up my reading on Saturday, the Lord really brought to mind the way I personally handled the news of Jack's condition not being treatable.   My first was thought was to argue to God, "Have I not made enough 'sacrifices' in my life for you to do this for me?"  Then I asked, "What did I do wrong that this would be the fate of my child?"  Even though my heart knows the truth, when in crisis, my mind went back to the idea that I have to atone for my sins personally, earn God's favor, and that somehow I am experiencing God's punishment when things don't go my way.  How ridiculous is that?

As if Paul didn't say it enough different ways for us, I will say this one more time for you and clearly myself.  When God sent Jesus to walk around on this planet, He didn't do that to teach us how to better atone for our sins.  He sent Christ to be the ultimate payment for ALL sin for whoever puts their trust in Him.  Jesus desires a personal relationship with us and if that means my child has to walk a different road in this life so that He can be more real in either my life, Jack's life or someone else's, then so be it.


Gal 2:16 "So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified


Heb 2:17 17For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for[f]the sins of the people. 


Heb 9:15  15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts