If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sunday Snapshot Gator Style

Before I start the Sunday Snapshot, I want to remind you that the NT in 75 days challenge starts TOMORROW!!

So onto the Sunday Snapshot...

I actually didn't take these pictures. A good friend of the family took the boys to the Gator Festival yesterday and came back with these pictures and lots of fun stories.

That would be Sam at the mouth of a gator


And Jack playing it safe at the other end


Yes Sam is petting a live gator. Thank you mr gator man for taping the mouth closed. :)

Both boys tried some gator on a stick (Jack said it tasted like sour chicken but Sam has the sour face if you ask me)

...but they settled for a corn dog and and hamburger.

They rode some rides.

...including an air boat.

And yes they even rode a mechanical bull. Anyone else having memories of Urban Cowboy?

Oh no that doesn't look good!!

Not many people can look that cute in a life jacket. Just sayin'

Ni Hao Y'all

1 comment:

Jess Danielson said...

Looks like a great time! Very exciting for boys to get to touch a gator! wow!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts