So here is what you do...
1. Get a journal or notebook of some form and write the date at the top of the page
2. Write an "S" and beside it, write the scripture or passage that stood out to you from that days reading at the top of the page
3. Write an "O" and beside that write a one or two sentence observation about that verse. What does the verse mean? What is the verse saying?
4. Write an "A" and beside that write a one or two sentence application about that verse. What does God want you to do or believe or receive or say or stop doing or change your thinking on because of that verse?
5. Write a "P" and a one or two sentence prayer in response.
Here is an example of mine from yesterday:
S: Matt 4:4 "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God"
O: I can't live on "every word" if I don't know them. I must be in the Word to live on it. True living is not just found in believing.
A: I have to stick to the 75 day challenge and not get lazy with it.
P: Lord help me to stay in your word. Bring it to life for me and help me apply it in my day. I want to live daily on your word.
I have to say that another verse stood out for me too- "News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them."
Please pray with us this week. Jack has his 2nd MRI on Thursday to see if we can do surgery to stop the muscle loss and spasticity in his legs. We are so hopeful. May the God who healed the paralyzed in this verse, also heal my son who is getting closer and closer to that. We are so hopeful.
OK so I am trying this link thing for the first time. If you wrote a Testament Tuesday entry, I want to read it. So will you include your link here so we can see what God is teaching all of us?