So, I was catching him up on all of the other adoptive families whose blogs I follow or who I exchange emails with. I was recounting all the ways they/you have encouraged me this week when our RA did not arrive and I was giving him updates on your different journeys. Telling him those stories made it very clear to me how much God has used these friendships to teach me about His faithfulness and sovereignty.
This really is a rare community of women believers who are walking through the exact same experiences and are learning the same lessons in the process. I am so thankful for the relationships that God has led me to through this wait.
On a side note, it is funny to hear Trent get everyone confused with their names and circumstances.
I thought I would make a list of the ways I am thankful for the adoption community. Feel free to add to this through the comment section.
1. I am thankful for Pam who looked up the Yahoo groups for me and sent the links in an email. God used you my friend.
2. I am thankful for Naomi for her incredible perspective and insight and for her willingness consistently seek God on my behalf
3. I am thankful for Jenn for her openness regarding her early concerns with her adoption and the rewards of stepping out in faith
4. I am thankful for Kristine for the constant reminder that we put the Master before the Mission and the countless other ways she has encouraged me through this.
5. I am thankful for Cheri for her continued encouragement through the comment section and for letting me follow her story.
6. I am thankful to Shannon for all the good laughs and her ability to focus on what is to come. I can't wait for that cup of coffee in China while our kids play. Thank you for that picture.
7. I am thankful for the numerous parents with kids with similar disabilities as Ruthie who have been so willing to share their stories and treatment options.
8. I am thankful for all the families in ChinaAdoptTalk who walk the same road together everyday
9. I am thankful for all those families, who don't even know that I link to their blogs, for sharing your stories and pictures. They give me hope.
10. No doubt I am forgetting some right this second. So let me say THANK YOU
I am also incredibly thankful for all of our friends and family who have walked this process with us. I am regularly amazed and encouraged when I read in the comment section the name of someone I had no idea was reading this. Thank you for caring.
Now, A few pics from our eventful weekend: