If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.
Monday, May 25, 2009
What I am Looking Forward to
The anticipation is driving me crazy so I decided to make a list of what I am looking forward to.
What I am looking forward to when Ruthie arrives:
1. Kissing those sweet little hands that I have spent so much time studying
2. Watching her sleep in our hotel room in China
3. Drinking coffee at Starbucks in China with Shannon while our daughters play
4. Seeing her smile for the first time. She isn't smiling in any of our pictures of her
5. Stepping off the plane in Houston and finally being home with her. Anyone who wants to meet us at the airport is invited.
6. Looking into my backseat and seeing her sitting between Jack and Sam
7. Hearing all my children giggle together for the first time
8. Showing Ruthie her room
Oh I could go on and on and on...
I ran track in high school and I was terrible at it. I would get ½ way around the first lap and basically give up ( I told you I was ter...
We are in the cardiac ICU with Maggie. We were admitted on Monday after a 2nd trip to the ER with fever, vomiting, and left side joint pain...
(this was taken by the mom who has a baby in the bed next to us. It pretty much sums up our day) It's been a night. I think I jin...