If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Praying Saturday May 16th

Several families from my agency have decided to spend time Saturday fasting and praying for the adoption situation in China. I don't know if you have followed along the last few weeks, but referrals, travel approvals, and consulate appointments are being held/denied most likely due to swine flu. I even saw today where one agency is reporting no travel until at least September. If you feel led, I would like to ask you to consider praying with us that God's will would be done there in China and that by His power He would move to bring these children home in His perfect timing. We do not expect Him to execute our desires, but instead to align our hearts with His as He moves to bring these families together.

Receiving our update this week was so incredible, but it makes my heart long even more to go and get Ruthie. Thank you for your prayers for her and all the families waiting much longer than they expected to pick up their little ones.

If you plan to join us, I encourage you to link to the LydiaHope blog in the sidebar.  My friend Naomi was told last week that she could travel and then was told this week that she can't travel because of swine flu.  Her perspective on prayer is worth reading. 
Ginny

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts