If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thanks for Praying

Thanks to everyone for praying with us yesterday.  I emailed the announcement to pray to my yahoo groups for Ruthie's orphanage and children with limb difference and got responses from all over the world of parents who felt led to fast and pray yesterday.  I look forward some day to knowing how many people were seeking God yesterday on behalf of these children.  

I found out yesterday that there is a pediatric orthopedic surgeon in Florida who performs a procedure to move the bone in Ruthie's forearm over and move muscles for the flexor side to the extensor side to bring her wrist into neutral and allow her to flex and extend.  I don't believe she will ever be able to pronate and supinate (turning her arm over and back) as this requires muscles that attach to the bone she doesn't have.  I hear these kids adapt incredibly well though.  I was encouraged by this surgeon's video that explained the procedure.  I am hoping to find someone in Houston who can do the same procedure because it requires a limb lengthening devices that has to be adjusted daily for 6 weeks.  

I know that God has a plan for this little girl.  I have this picture in my head of a starting point representing God's call to adoption and an ending point of the day they place her in our arms.  In between those 2 points there is a line that is this wait and that is where Satan is having a field day trying to thwart the plans of God.  My prayer is that God would combat the enemy on behalf of his call and bring those  2 points together.  

Ginny

No comments:

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts