Here are some ways you can be praying:
1. Pray that our flights go well and that we don't sit near anyone who is sick and would cause us to be quarantined. Pray also that we aren't sick. Pray also for safe trips back home. Trent will be coming home a week earlier than me.
2. Pray for Jack and Sam. They have never been away from us for more than 3 days so this is going to be really hard for them. Pray Jack will be a good big brother and comfort Sam. Pray Sam will be able to express his insecurity in positive ways. Also, pray for good health for them while we are gone.
3. Pray for Papa and Grandi who are keeping Jack and Sam that God would renew their energy and patience each day.
4. Pray for our Gotcha day Monday. I have been told that Ruthie's age is one of the hardest to transition because they are old enough to know that things are really different, but not old enough to express themselves well. Pray God would prepare her little heart and that we would be overwhelmed by how well it goes.
5. Pray that we are able to go see her orphanage. This is usually possible but has been restricted lately due to swine flu. I would love to be able to go and take pictures of her orphanage for her to have someday. I also want to meet and talk to the nannies who have been taking care of her. Please pray that we get this opportunity.
6. Finally, please just pray for an overall smooth trip that is filled with God's presence and provision.
Thank you so much for caring enough to follow our journey and lift us up in prayer.
I will fly home with Ruthie on the afternoon of 7/24. Anyone who wants is welcome to meet us at the airport.