If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
A Few Updates
This is from a family who is in Chongqing right now. They received their match a while after us so I had sent her an email about how jealous I am that she is already there and asked if she would take pictures of Ruthie if she saw her. This is her reply:
4ruthie-I'm so sorry you have to wait. Unfortunately, we can't visit the orphanage as they are prohibiting it because of the Swine flu scare. I wish I could get a picture and some news for you. I have to say though that I have such confidence in the orphanage. They gave us a whole book and pages and pages of writing about our daughter's development. They also returned all of the items we sent to her via care packages Good Luck, and may you travel safely to your child. -turtles
This is a little sad for me because not only was I hoping for more pictures, but now I am having to lay down yet ANOTHER motion picture. I was really looking forward to touring her orphanage and seeing where she slept. I had heard the part about the pictures and writing before. This is because Ruthie's orphanage is sponsored by a non-profit called Half The Sky. They are great!
ON ANOTHER NOTE....
Another family in adoption world, not ours, got their TA yesterday and they have the same LOA/RA date as us!!! What that means is that the "highly unlikely" is happening with some people and who knows their circumstances, but I know that MY GOD is bigger than their luck so I am praying fervently today for a TA by Friday. If it arrived by Friday, we could very likely travel on JULY 9th!!! This is very scary for me because I have tried to pray in faith without getting my hopes up or expect something from God that He has not promised me. Now I am really starting to get my hopes up. PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING!!
Last Monday morning, I was sitting in a Dallas hotel room with Ruthie (my 10-year old) watching TV. She chose an OLD Christmas cartoon tha...
We are in the cardiac ICU with Maggie. We were admitted on Monday after a 2nd trip to the ER with fever, vomiting, and left side joint pain...
(this was taken by the mom who has a baby in the bed next to us. It pretty much sums up our day) It's been a night. I think I jin...