If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

YEE HAW YALL!

For this Black and White Wednesday I decided to share a little Texas tradition with you.

Growing up in northeast Texas we had a Fair and Rodeo once a year for about a week. This is a regular for most small Texas towns. Well just like they say "everything is bigger in Texas", I can say everything is also bigger in Houston.

In Houston the fair and rodeo comes to town for several weeks and takes over. They bring in big name concerts every night like The Jonas Brothers, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, etc. Plus they have tons of rides, food, and rodeo activity. It is a real nightmare for anyone who dislikes crowds.

Have you ever seen a real trail ride? If you live in Houston you have because horses and covered wagons come from all over the state (and maybe country) to the rodeo. They ride down major highways as they make their way to the park. Finally local businesses and schools all participate in the excitement. My work had a rodeo day where we were all expected to dress in our rodeo wear and the kids all had rodeo days too, complete with petting zoos.

Here are a few pictures from Sam and Ruthie's rodeo day at preschool. There are less pictures of Ruthie because she stayed clear of the animals.







This one of Ruthie was taken by Trent holding Ruthie on his hip and trying to get the animals in the background. She was happy because someone finally picked her up.


Ruthie and her friend taking their place outside the fence.

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh it looks like so much fun!! Maybe one day we could come out and visit you and see this for ourselves!!

Melissa said...

Looks like fun! I just love Ruthie's haircut, by the way.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts