If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
July 13 Goes Down in History Again
July 13th has been a great day in our family for 5 years now. It is the day our Ruthie Mei was placed in our arms for the very first time. We celebrate this day every year with a family trip and were supposed to be in San Antonio this year.
We didn't get to take that trip but we were given another reason to celebrate this day. Maggie had her brain surgery and is recovering remarkably well. I believe this day is going to mark the day she really begins to heal. I am claiming that as her story.
We have several things to be thankful for today:
* Maggie has not had any more seizures since the surgery. They warned us that she would likely have some today from the irritation but she has not.
* She is working hard to pull the tube out of her head. This may seem like a strange praise but her determination and ingenuity are signs of good mental function to me.
* We were given a private ICU room and now have a quiet place for her to recover.
* She continues to show spontaneous movement of her left side.
* They have allowed us to treat her with a high sodium diet today instead of the nasty oral sodium they were giving her that made her sick. Vomiting and brain healing are not good combinations. I am thankful we were able to avoid that today.
* My incredible in-laws stepped in and celebrated Ruthie today by taking her to Gattiland and dressing everyone in her favorite color. I am so grateful for them and their willingness to not let this day go unrecognized. We will celebrate as a family later.
* I have a fantastic husband who I could not do this crazy life without.
Prayer Requests remain the same- For complete healing and rest. Please also pray for emotional healing for all of us. Maggie is very sad and the rest of us are pretty traumatized. A preventable diagnosis would be nice too. :)
I have been thinking a lot lately about what it looks like to pursue healthy relationships. Like what if every relationship I was in could...
We are in the cardiac ICU with Maggie. We were admitted on Monday after a 2nd trip to the ER with fever, vomiting, and left side joint pain...
(this was taken by the mom who has a baby in the bed next to us. It pretty much sums up our day) It's been a night. I think I jin...