If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Haiti Prayer Update

Haiti Prayer Update - Monday afternoon

I just got off the phone with Ginny and they seem to be tired but doing well. Pray along these lines today...

Ongoing protection from any and all diseases. Ginny's quote du jour: "I think I've been exposed to more today than I have in the past 10 years." Scabies, TB, lice, typhoid, stomach issues of varying degrees and expressions, malaria, etc., are all on the "God protect me from this" list.

They have encountered many heart-breaking situations. There are kids who, if they had appropriate care, would flourish. However, because they have no access to mildly advanced care, they are looking at lifelong effects. Pray for Ginny and Lori to know (a) how to treat them from a PT perspective and (b) how to pray and (c) how to appropriately advocate for them.


Thanks for praying. One week until Ginny returns.

Trent (for Ginny)

3 comments:

Amy E. said...

Thanks for the update. Will be praying specifically.

Shannon said...

I'm praying!!!!!!!!! I have no doubt that the Lord is using Ginny and Lori in mighty ways!!!!

Jenn said...

Praying!!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts