If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday Update


Ginny and Lori have worked hard today, including a scouting trip to one of the tent cities. They passed out bubbles to kids and set up appts for families to come and receive PT. Again, it's a tough physical environment with little sleep, lots of hot, and other challenges. You can pray along these lines...

First, a very specific request: Ginny and Lori would be able to stay hydrated. They are drinking tons, but they are also fighting heat, humidity, and long hours.

Second, overall health more generally. This would include protection from any and all diseases into which they come into contact.

Third, ongoing efficacy in ministry as they show and share the Gospel.

Thanks for praying,
Trent (for Ginny)


In the spirit of Ginny, a side note. The kids and I went to the Astros game with my dad and stepmom. We had a great time and are grateful to the friend who provided the tickets. Here are pics:







1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm glad you are doing these updates. Thanks! Also great pic of ya'll at the game!

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts