If you have visited here before, you can probably see that I have changed the name of the blog again. I started blogging at 4URuthie to tell the story of our journey to adopt our 1st daughter. I changed it to Mountains for Maggie when we were praying for God to move mountains on behalf of our 2nd daughter. Well now it is no longer just Ruthie’s or Maggie’s stories. It is now our family's story, and the stories of those we share life with, as we Conquer Mountains together. Both ConqueringMountains.net and 4URuthie.blogspot will lead here.

About Me

My photo
I am a pastor's wife, mother of 4 kids (2 adopted and 3 with special needs), physical therapist, and photography junky. This is where it all comes together for me. Feel free to join along as I process life out loud.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Their Healer

Ginny Here. I actually have a moment on the internet so I wanted to share a really cool story with you.

I fell asleep on the plane ride here and when I woke up I very clearly had the words to the song "Healer" by Kari Jobe in my head. I felt like God wanted me to think on those lyrics as I entered the country. Several times over the last 2 days those lyrics have come to mind again as I have faced challenges.

Well Trent passed along a message today from a friend telling me that she was praying for me and she felt like God wanted me to pray aloud. So on the walk to the clinic today, I prayed out loud for the city as I walked through the streets. Again God brought that song to mind and I changed the direction of the song from me to the people of Haiti and sang it over the city as I walked and prayed. The lyrics where:

I believe your THEIR healer
I believe you are all THEY need
I believe your THEIR portion
Your more than enough for THEM
Jesus your all THEY need

Nothing is impossible for you
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold THEIR world in your hands

Tonight we had a worship service and they opened the doors for the people of the city to come in. There were several hundred people there. We sang a few songs that I have never heard and then I KID YOU NOT, we sang HEALER BY KARI JOBE!!!! I came undone. It was this incredible confirmation that God has a plan for this place and that He strategically placed me here to be a part of it.

Please pray these lyrics over Haiti and specifically over St. Marc.

He is moving here. I can't wait to tell you more.

4 comments:

groovy mama said...

Oh Ginny, This is wonderful and your story gave me goose bumps...wonderful!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Ginny. Thanks for sharing. Continuing to pray for you.
Barbara

Kim S said...

Awesome. Such a neat confirmation that your purpose there is so much more than physical. God is at work! Love that song - we do the Hillsong version at HBC. Very powerful.

Melissa said...

All I can say is WOW! Praying for Haiti.

Featured Post

When All You Have is a Slingshot and a Pocket Full of Rocks

  I was driving to work last week while talking to a good friend about some tough news we had received.   I told her that I felt like I was ...

Popular Posts