The obvious ones:
1. For good health and safety for us and our families back home
2. For safe travels getting there and getting around Haiti
Specific to our trip:
3. Pray that we would have all the energy we need to get through the heat and long days there.
4. Pray that God would give us insight and wisdom into how to uniquely treat each patient. Lori and I don't usually work with amputees but we have both seen God give us the ideas we need before when our experience is lacking. He will need to do this over and over during this trip.
5. Pray for sweet moments of ministry. I am taking cards and toys for the kids there and hope to have a chance to just demonstrate Christ's love to them. Pray that each toy and each card will get to the child God intends it for.
6. Pray for boldness where ever it is needed.
7. Pray that we won't let anyone out serve us.
8. You can pray for me that God really speaks to me regarding His plans for my role in future medical mission trips. My head is full of ideas, but I don't want to get ahead of God here.
9. This will sound silly, but you can pray for a wireless connection somewhere close by. I am really hoping to be able to Skype with my family and update the blog so you can see what God is doing. The base where we are staying had wireless but had to shut it off. I am hoping that maybe a nearby school or some place has it.
Finally, just pray however you feel led. I really don't know what we will encounter when we get there, but it is our desire that we be used to make a difference there and that we both grow spiritually from this trip.
A few thanks:
1. Thanks to Christus St John for donating all of our supplies!
2. Thanks to everyone who donated toys for me to take to the kids.
3. Thanks to all the kids who made cards for me to take over.
4. Thanks to our husbands who aren't just willing to let us go but excited with us to see what God has planned.
It is my understanding that this is the building YWAM bought, repaired, and turned into a hospital. I think we may be spending a lot of time here.